Coupons On Thier Way to Your Door in 24 Hours

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring (not quite a) Break

Spring Break is about to wrap up for me. I'd like to tell people I did something exciting, but who am I kidding? So far, I've done homework, checked homework, done housework, checked the kids chores, cooked dinner, spent a few hours on the phone with my wife and have given myself a headache from writing a paper on Susan Glaspell's "Trifles"; all the while sleeping alone while my wife is away on business. Not a bad Spring Break, right?

I think it's pretty good, actually. I mean, at least I'm not drunk somewhere naked being filmed doing something incredibly stupid that will later be shown on the Internet. I'm not drunk at a party somewhere volunteering to shoot bottle rockets out from between my butt cheeks. I'm not drunk, finding myself having to urinate with no bathroom around and saying, "Well, hell, the sidewalk is as good a place as any." and ending up in jail. But most importantly, I did NOT try to impress a girl by sticking a geranium up my urethra only to have it's barb-like hairs rip my urethra to shreds causing me an embarrassing ER visit and a complete urethra transplant. See how bad Spring Break can turn out?

All in all, I've spent the last week with 3 of the 4 people I most love to be with. Ironically these same 3 people would lead a person to drink and perhaps perform some of the afore mentioned acts of supreme stupidity. And while I would gladly give my lady a flower, it's bud vase would definitely not be my private parts.

It would have definitely been better if my spring break had coincided with my kids spring break. My wife wouldn't be out of town on business and we could have done something fun. I suppose those are the breaks, though. It's pretty much like having class without having to go to class. This has it's ups and it's downs. I'm not spending money on gas to and from class, but I have to wait until next week to get my test scores from before Spring Break. I'll post again later. CIAO

No comments: